Here are patterns for the Advanced Face Mask, i.e. Pleated Face Mask.
This mask is based on the masks available on the market at pharmacies.
When I said to my friend in Far East
"I posted on Sewing Bee Fan's page on FB that I made a face-mask by myself, I received comments like
'A poor woman who believes a mask works for viruses',
'I cannot be bothered to wash the mask every 20 minutes!'
(does she chuck the disposable masks every 20 minutes?),
'A waste of time'...,
I was hurt and petrified, so deleted my post immediately and left the group",
then she said
"Ahh, we know a mask doesn't block viruses, but put on a mask as an etiquette to others.
It blocks sneezing, coughing and spit when talking."
How to make a Pleated Face-mask
【 Things you need 】
・Double gauze cotton fabric
(or you can use a piece of linen, handkerchief, etc.)
・2 x Elastic code tapes, approx 18cm each
(for an average adult woman, for men, probably need longer tapes. Please adjust the size accordingly.)
1. Use our patterns:
Cut out the fabric and mark the lines (folding guide lines) on wrong-side.
* We used patterned cotton handkerchief for the front and gauze handkerchief for the back lining.
2. A & B, right-side in / wrong-side out, sew the bottom together, 1cm in.
3. Fold the fabric on lines, make the pleats with an iron.
4. The right-sides out, fold in the top and sew.
5. Fold in the both sides and sew.
6. Attach the elastic codes
Thank you 😘